Verbena bonariensis Purple Haze is a first-year flowering perennial that is hardy in USDA zones 7-11. Verbena bonariensis is normally a very tall garden plant, 90-125cm/36-48in. tall, which can cause shipping issues for growers. Purple Haze from Hem Genetics was selected to be about 20% shorter than the older types, or 70-100cm/28-38 in. It produces globular clusters of lavender to light purple flowers on well-branched stems summer through fall. And it is extremely attractive to butterflies and other pollinators. Excellent background plant for the garden.
- Easy to grow first-year flowering perennial hardy from zone 7 to 11
- Beautiful lavender/light purple flower clusters all season long
- Good tall plant to bring height to the flower garden
- VERY attractive to pollinators, a must-have plant for butterfly gardens
- Can be used for large patio containers to attract butterflies
|Life cycle:||perennial USDA Zones 7-11|
|Use:||large outdoor containers, borders and landscape|
|Height in pot:||40-60 cm/16-23 in.|
|Garden height:||70-100 cm/28-38 in.|
|Garden width:||30-40 cm/12-16 in.|
|Seed count:||4.750 - 4.900 S/gram (134.500-139.000 S/oz)|
|Seed form:||profi seed, pelleted|
Hem Genetics is a member of these branch organizations.