Also new in the edible Ornamentals and Herbs line is a French Thyme with traditional thyme scent but with overtones of a citrusy orange scent, called Orangelo. Very useful in the kitchen as a culinary herb, it is just as useful in the landscape as a fragrant ground cover, where it forms a low mat and spreads to cover the soil. During summer the plant covers itself with tiny blush white flowers. Can be utilized in packs and pots of all sizes, for herb programs, ground covers, perennials programs, and makes an excellent spiller component for mixed containers.
- Easy to grow perennial herb hardy from USDA zone 5a to 9b
- Widely used culinary herb used to flavor food dishes.
- Tough low-growing plant makes an attractive ground cover that can withstand light traffic
- Can be used to cover slopes, sometimes used as a moss substitute
- Excellent cascading edge plant for mixed patio containers or flowers and edibles
|Use:||herb gardens, ground cover, popular culinary herb, mixed containers, perennial gardens|
|Height in pot:||15-20 cm (8-10 in.)|
|Garden height:||20-25 cm (8-10 in.)|
|Garden width:||30-35 cm (12-14 in.)|
|Seed count:||5,000 S/gr (140,000 S/oz)|
|Seed form:||profi seed|