Limbo GP, natural dwarf
F1 Petunia grandiflora
Petunia Limbo GP is currently the worldwide standard in natural dwarf grandiflora petunia. Limbo GP, developed by traditional flower breeding, incorporates a gene that imparts natural dwarfness to the varieties that minimizes or eliminates the need for the use of plant growth regulators (PGRs) for growers.
In addition to cost savings on growth regulators and labor, it offers the grower also an opportunity for a more sustainable production.
Limbo GP maintains its compact plant habit during growth, shows a free flowering performance in the landscape with minimal maintenance compared to any other standard grandiflora petunia. Five picotee colors and a picotee mixture are now also part of the Limbo GP series. A growers mixture with major colors is composed which provides a more uniform plug tray performance and appearance. The growers mixture is specifically intended for plug producers who strive for a better plug tray uniformity.
- Minimal to no use of growth regulators (PGRs)
- Naturally better branching with shorter internodes
- Non-stretching during production
- Non-stretching on retail benches, longer shelflife at retail
- Extra-large flower size
- Perfect performance in containers, borders and landscape
- Profuse quantities of flowers for garden color throughout the season
- Fast recovery from weather/rain damage
- Easy to grow with little maintenance
- Much less splitting/lodging in the landscape compared to non-genetic dwarf petunias
- No use of PGRs enables ECO friendly production
|Use:||packs, pots, containers, hanging baskets, beds and borders|
|Height in pot:||10-15 cm (4-6 in.)|
|Garden height:||20-25 cm (8-10 in.)|
|Garden width:||25-30 cm (10-12 in.)|
|Seed count:||8.000-11.000 S/gram (227.000-312.000 s/oz.)|
|Seed form:||normal and pelleted|