Melissa officinalis, the traditional Lemon Balm, the foliage of which the strong true lemon scent is generally well known. But now we introduce a complete new variety called Mandarina with a pronounced orange scent. Mandarina is a hardy perennials to USDA zone 4, and have a trailing habit so can be utilized as a ground cover or as a “spiller” component in mixed containers. Flowers are produced in summer and are small and white. Leaves are used for herbal teas with a wide range of medicinal properties. Ideal for use in mixed containers for the patio with both herbs and flowers and our patio tomatoes.
- Easy to grow perennial herb hardy from zone 4a to 9b
- Used for herbal teas to help sleep and also other various
- Strong spreading plant with attractive foliage
- Can be used to cover slopes and difficult areas
- Excellent for large mixed patio containers
|Life cycle:||perennial USDA Zones 4a to 9b|
|Use:||pots, mixed containers and borders|
|Height in pot:||15-20 cm / 6-8 in.|
|Garden height:||30-35 cm / 12-14 in.|
|Garden width:||35-45 cm / 20-24 in.|
|Seed count:||1.400-1.500 S/gram, (39.600-42.500 S/oz)|
Hem Genetics is a member of these branch organizations.